We’ve put our association online to provide you with more convenience and a wealth of Web site services and opportunities to share ideas and information; get news and announcements; access an online resource center for important association documents and forms; join discussion forums; utilize the member directory; and much more. We’re excited about offering Web site association services and consider it a valuable amenity for the association. For an overview of the service and a few ideas as to how it can help save you time and get you connected with your community, click About Online Services.
Simply click Sign In to access our association’s Web site services now.
If you are new to the Web site, be sure to complete the Sign Up information to create a password to the private and secured portions of the site.
Homeowner Association Terminology
- Advise and provide administrative, managerial, and operational counsel to the association governing body
- Exhibit professionalism and loyalty to the principal (the Board)
- Exercise diligence in performing duties on the principals behalf
- Account for financial activities
- Perform onsite property inspections
- Solicit and evaluate bids for association services
- Supervise maintenance activities and contractor performance
- Oversee and authorize payment for primary association services
- Know and abide Bylaws, recognizing the State agency that supervises the community associations
The Board of Directors
- Chief executive officer and leader of the association
- Presides at all meetings of the board and membership
- Executes legal documents on behalf of the association
- Sets meeting agendas and controls all meetings
- Represents the board before the residents
- May have nominating, if not appointment, responsibility for all committees
- Performs all of the duties of the president in his/her absence
- Typically shares some of the burden of the president regarding appearances, liaison, public hearings, etc.
- Usually assigned liaison responsibility to specific staff or contractors, and to specific committees
- Prepares and distributes board and membership meeting agendas, minutes, and materials referred to in minutes.
- Maintains minutes and book on all meetings
- Maintains book of resolutions
- Maintains all official records, including official correspondence, contracts, membership roster, etc.
- Receives, verifies, and maintains all proxies
- Attests, by signature, to the legitimacy of certain documents
PERSPECTIVES OF BOARD, HOMEOWNER, AND MANAGER
Board of Directors Perspective
- Maintaining the value of the property and a good quality of life for the residential community
- Governing smoothly
- Enforces rules
- Establishing and keeping budget
- Most care a great deal about residences
- Will want service from manager and decisions from Board that will provide a good quality of life.
- Problems may arise when expectations are too high or not realistic; this can occur when interests are too specialized or unique.
- Working in balance with homeowners, board, and regulatory agencies (possible friction)
- Multi-task oriented
- All documents that regulate the community life
- Baja State law
- Conditions and Restrictions
- Rules and Regulations
- Plots of Survey and Easement Agreements (may be separate, often included in the declaration)